The 4 Different Skin Types
Skin type is the most crucial component in selecting which skincare products would work best for you, claims cosmetic dermatologist Michele Green, MD. There aren't inherently harmful products, but Dr. Green notes that occasionally people with different skin types use the wrong product for their type of skin.
The most cautious individuals should avoid using some components in their skincare products if they have sensitive or acne-prone skin, as you may have previously surmised. Here, oily skin types are actually the winners because they can tolerate a larger range of substances than other skin types, which can occasionally cause breakouts or irritation.
There are about four types of facial skin:
This skin is just the right amount of dry and greasy. It doesn't require special maintenance, has a regular texture, is free of flaws, and has a clean, soft appearance.
Dry skin is frequently brought on by environmental variables such the climate, low air humidity, and submersion in hot water, and it is typically a transient condition. However, it might happen more frequently or even be a lifetime condition for some people. Although often not serious, dry skin can break, increasing its exposure to bacteria. If not treated appropriately, this can lead to other skin conditions like eczema or make you more susceptible to infections.
Different products cause sensitive skin to respond in a variety of ways. You might have this skin type if, after experimenting with different skin care products, you develop rashes or suffer itching, redness, or burning.
Skin that is oily seems porous, damp, and brilliant. Sebaceous glands produce an excessive amount of fat as its cause, which is typically influenced by genetic and/or hormonal factors. It frequently affects teenagers and young adults under 30 and is typically linked to the development of acne.
Ingredients to Look For in Facial Products
- Ceramides and Hyaluronic Acid. The skin naturally contains these chemicals, which are both significant moisturizers. Glycerin and ceramides work well in lotions and creams, whereas hyaluronic acid is better in serum form.
- L-Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C). L-ascorbic acid, a type of vitamin C, is an antioxidant that helps to repair UV radiation damage and promote the formation of collagen.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3). This substance moisturizes skin, evens up skin tone, and is excellent at managing oil.
- Retinol. You should look for retinol as a significant element in any products you use at night. It promotes collagen stimulation and skin cell turnover.
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E). When used together as a skincare power couple, vitamin E and vitamin C have qualities that are similar to each other.
Ingredients to Avoid in Facial Products
- Fragrance / Parfum. It is much better to avoid them when you have sensitive skin. Fragrance added to the product may have high extensiveness and result in irritations or skin allergies.
- Formaldehyde and Formaldehyde Releasers. Formaldehyde must not be part of an ingredient because some industries may call it a carcinogen; capable of causing cancer. But experts expound that it needs to be changed with other named chemicals (quanterium-15, DMDM hydantoin, diazolinge urea, imidazolidinge urea) that let go of formaldehyde slowly to act as preservatives.
- Parabens. Parabens are frequently used as a chemical preservative in items to stop the growth of microorganisms. Some industries called estrogen mimickers that develop hormonal balance from time to time.
- Sulfates. Considered as cleansing ingredients frequently present in shampoo and body washes. They deplete natural oils from the skin and hair, which might irritate some.
Tips in Selecting Skin Care Products for Guys
Are you looking for a present for your brother, father, or any man in your life? Skincare is not just for women. Men also need skin care to nourish and protect their skin. Skincare can make the skin look fresh and glow in no time. Why not choose for them since they are not sure about skin care.
For the novice, they must know that there are differences between men's and women's skin:
- Men's skin is 25% thicker than women's skin.
- Men's skin is EXTRA sensitive to women's skin. Most men will often shave if they do not moisturize their skin after shaving. They will experience irritations.
- Men's skin has a combination of the oiler and small oil glands than women's skin. Meaning they tend to be acne-prone skin if not properly cleaned.
- Men consume more time outside than women because men do more activities outdoors than women.
Men's skin is not demanding, but most skin products are usable for men. Some products are really for men. You can identify them based on the packaging and fragrance. These are the tips for choosing a product for men:
- Choose a product suitable for sensitive skin. For example, a product that exfoliates the skin as lactic acid contained, which should not be applied to the skin.
- Choose a product that boosts hydration. Every man should always hydrate themselves (taking eight glasses of water). Acne is the result when you don't hydrate. In products, select something that moisturizes your skin or an oil-free product.
- Choose a multi-functional product. A facial cleanser can be helpful to clean your face without residues of shave cream blocking your pores.
- Choose a product containing SPF-30. Recommended if you are active outdoors. Why SPF-30 instead of SPF-15? SPF-30 will block half of the radiation, SPF-15 will let it go through your skin.
- Choosing a product that offers them a pamper treatment. The percentage of men visiting spas are increasing. Mask treatment with microcirculation, hydration, toning, and recommended after you have activity outdoors.
Gentlehomme’s Best Men’s Facial Products
We have gathered these products from Gentlehomme. They will help what your skin needs. We are giving ideas on what product you should buy to make your spending worth it.
This product is filled with fermented black rice extract rich in vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and trace elements. It will regulate the synthesis of the structural protein collagen. Advanced collagen masks help your skin moisture, hydrate the skin the whole day, and help reduce water loss. Collagen supports ingredients that work synergistically with our nano-collagen to help slow down the aging process for guys.
How to apply? Gently cleanse the skin before applying the mask over the face. Leave on for 5-15 minutes before removing. Once completed, remove the mask and gently pat the remaining essence into the skin for maximum absorption. Use at least twice a week to give your skin hydration and moisture.
This water and facial spray are infused with coconut to help provide your skin with the moisture and hydration it needs. Aloe vera is known to help heal the skin with its gel-like substance coming from that plant. Aloe Vera can be absorbed smoothly, which makes it ideal for oily skin or to help moisturize dry skin.
How to apply? Spritz across the face and neck with eyes closed as often as desired throughout the day. Allow to air dry.
Want to reduce your dark circles and brighten your dull eyes? This is the best product for you. It contains essential vitamins and minerals to help smooth out fine lines under the eyes. This eye cream will nourish your skin with collagen along with other advanced ingredients.
How to apply? Day or night, dab a small amount of cream under your eyes. For external use only. Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
This product is perfect for all types of skin. It controls the oil in your skin with the help of Nourishing Argan oil, prevents wrinkles, and tightens your skin.
The face booster from Gentlehomme will eliminate dry skin, unclog pores, and excess oil. This is the perfect product for you to prepare your skin before shaving.
This neroli product by Gentlehomme will help your skin look fresh all day and night, moisturizes oily skin, supports your skin with acne and redness, and has scented perfume. The formula features a potent blend of herbal oils and nutrient-rich ingredients known to aid in combat free radicals that can cause fine lines and wrinkles.
How to apply? After cleansing the face, apply a thin layer of moisturizer to the face and neck every day.
Your Face is Your Asset; It Deserves a Skincare
Some men don't want skin care because it's too expensive. We have to admit that sometimes these are true. Men facial products are a little pricey, but having great skin will result in feeling more confident about yourself.
We provided these guides for men to help you with what you should buy or the quality you should look after. You need a product for your skin like we have in Gentlehomme - removes acne and blemishes; and moisturizes, brightens, softens, and rejuvenates your skin. The price and quality are perfect for you and your skin. Visit our website to know more about our products or you can reach us through our Contact Form or give us a call at +1-424-290-1860.